Root Canal Therapy For A Toothache In Ocala
Do you have a toothache that is causing you problems near Ocala or The Villages? There are many reasons for a toothache, but really—when you have a toothache, the one thing you are interested in is how to get rid of it! Having a toothache can make life difficult.
At Ocala Smiles, our dental team would like to offer you a solution that can eradicate that toothache and give you some relief. It is a root canal.
Root Canals For Pain Relief
Now, when you hear the term “root canal” you may feel a bit worried. Of all the jokes out there about dentistry, root canals are near the top of the list. They are often associated with discomfort and pain, but we want to assure you that the opposite is true.
While getting a dental treatment might not be the most fun thing in the world, a root canal is a treatment meant to offer relief for pain, not cause more. When you receive a root canal procedure at our Ocala Smiles office, we take your comfort seriously. All of our staff members are there to make your visit as pain-free and easy as possible.
If you’re dealing with severe tooth pain, a root canal might be the best option for treatment. When you book an appointment with Ocala Smiles, we will assess your teeth and figure out the best course of action. Call today to find relief from your toothache or to learn more about root canal procedures. We are ready to assist patients in Ocala and the Villages, so don’t hesitate to reach out at your convenience!
What Is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a procedure that removes bacteria that has infected the root pulp inside of a tooth. Root pulp is necessary to help your growing teeth when you were younger, but once your adult teeth have all come in root pulp is no longer necessary and can become infected.
When this happens, as you may assume, it creates a toothache and needs a root canal to be treated.
Do I Need a Root Canal?
Not all toothaches are because of an infection in the pulp of the tooth. So, the best way to know if you need a root canal or not is to get a consultation at our Ocala office.
Also, it’s useful to know some symptoms of a tooth infection. Here are some signs you might need a root canal:
- Severe pain when you bite or chew.
- Pimples or bumps on your gums.
- A cracked or chipped tooth.
- Extra sensitivity to cold or heat.
- Swollen and tender gums.
- Decay around your gums.
- Gums that look darker than they used to.
Many of these symptoms are uncomfortable and make it difficult to live your life, so don’t wait to schedule your dental appointment. Everyone at Ocala Smiles is here to help you find the right treatment for your tooth pain.
What is the root canals procedure?
While a root canal might not be something you look forward to, understanding the procedure can give you peace of mind. When you visit our Ocala Smiles office, our staff will walk you through the treatment. You can always ask us questions during the process.
To give you an idea of the roof canal procedure and to remove some of the fear, here are the basics:
- Exam: Though a toothache is often the indicator that a root canal is the needed treatment, this is not always the case. Our dental team will give you an examination and diagnose root canals if he sees an indication that they are required.
- Procedure preparation: Our team will numb your gums, so you can’t feel anything except the pressure of the dentist pressing on your teeth during the procedure. As with all dental procedures, we are happy to offer dental sedation that can make the root canal treatment anxiety-free as well as less painful because less anxiety means less pain.
- Root canal cleaning: Once you’re ready, our skilled dentist will use a tiny tool to enter the inner tooth and remove the bacteria that has infected the root pulp.
- Infection treatment: Next, the dentist will place antibiotic medicine in the cavity that remains.
- Tooth sealant: Finally, he will seal the tooth, either with tooth-colored filling used when filling a cavity or with a full dental crown depending on the extent of your infection and how much of your dental pulp needed to be removed.
- Aftercare: There is no special treatment for your teeth after root canals except your regular brushing and flossing and seeing us for your regular checkups.
During all steps of the root canal, we will check in with you to make sure you stay as comfortable as possible. In most cases, you shouldn’t have any lingering pain after your procedure other than the light soreness from the numbing medication wearing off.
If you have any troubles after your procedure, or if you’re still nervous about any part of the procedure, talk to us! Our team is here to answer any of your questions to make sure you feel safe and informed about your procedure.
Find Relief From Toothaches With Ocala Smiles!
Tired of dealing with a toothache? Exhausted by severe tooth pain that isn’t going away? A root canal may offer you the relief you’re looking for—you don’t have to let the name of the procedure scare you.
Our Ocala Smiles team wants you to be free from dental pain. If a root canal is the best treatment method, we will get you back to a healthy, happy mouth in no time.
If you are suffering from a toothache or think you may need a root canal for any reason, call us in Ocala today! We are ready to do all we can to give you your healthy, pain-free smile back to you and get your oral health in shape if you are in The Villages or Ocala area!